- September 2010 – Associate Professor, Department of Political Science and International Relations, Seoul National University
- March 2008 – Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration, Korea University
- March 2006 – Assistant Professor, Department of Public Administration, Korea University
- August 2003 – : Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Florida State University
- July, 2002 – June, 2003: Research Associate, Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University
- July 2001 – June, 2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University
- Ph. D., Political Science, 2001, Indiana University
- M.A., Political Science, 1994, Seoul National University
- B.A., Political Science, 1990, Seoul National University
- Ahn, T.K., Mark Isaac, and Tim Salmon. Forthcoming. “Rent-Seeking in Groups.” International Journal of Industrial Organization.
- Ahn, T.K., Robert Huckfeldt, and John B. Ryan. 2010. “Communication, Influences, and Information Asymmetry among Voters.” Political Psychology 31(5): 763-787.
- Ahn, T.K., Elinor Ostrom, and James Walker. 2010. “A Common-pool Resource Experiment with Postgraduate Subjects from 41 Countries.” Ecological Economics 69: 2624-2633.
- Ahn, T.K., and Rick Wilson. 2010. “Elinor Ostrom’s Contributions to the Experimental Study of Social Dilemmas.” Public Choice 143: 327-333.
- Ahn, T.K., Justin Esarey and John Scholz. 2009. “Reputation and Cooperation in Voluntary Exchanges: Comparing Local and Centralized Institutions.” Journal of Politics 71(2) : 398-413.
- Ahn, T.K., Mark Isaac, and Tim Salmon. 2009. “Coming and Going: Experiments on Endogenous Group Sizes for Excludable Public Goods.” Journal of Public Economics 93: 336-351.
- Ahn, T.K., Mark Isaac, and Tim Salmon. 2008. “Endogenous Group Formation.” Journal of Public Economic Theory 10(2): 171-194.
- Ahn, T.K., and Justin Esarey. 2008. “A Dynamic Model of Generalized Social Trust.” Journal of Theoretical Politics 20(2): 151-180.
- Ahn, T.K. 2007. “Evolution of Preferences in One-Shot Prisoner’s Dilemma.” Journal of Economic Theory and Econometrics 18(4): 1-29.
- Ahn, T.K., M.S. Lee, L. Rutan, and J. Walker. 2007. “Asymmetric Payoffs in Simultaneous and Sequential Prisoner’s Dilemma Games.” Public Choice 132: 353-366.
- Janssen, Marco, and T.K. Ahn. 2006. “Learning, Signaling, and Social Preferences in Public Good Games.” Ecology and Society 11(2): 21
- Ahn, T.K., Elinor Ostrom, and James Walker. 2003. “Heterogeneous Preferences and Collective Action.” Public Choice 117: 295-314.
- Ostrom, Elinor, and T.K. Ahn. 2003. “A Social Science Perspective on Social Capital: Social Capital and Collective Acton.” Revista Mexicana de Sociología LXV (1): 155-233.
- Lee, K.Y., J.H. Kim, and T.K. Ahn. 2002. “The Conflict over Separation of Prescribing and Dispensing Practices in Korea: A Bargaining Perspective.” Korean Journal of Public Health and Administration 12(4).
- Ahn, T.K., E. Ostrom, D. Schmidt, R. Shupp, and J. Walker. 2001. “Cooperation in PD Games: Fear, Greed, and History of Play.” Public Choice 106(1/2):137-155.
- Schmidt, D., R. Shupp, J. Walker, T.K. Ahn, and Elinor Ostrom. 2001. “Dilemma Games: Game Parameters and Matching Protocols.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 46:357-377.
- Gibson, Clark, Elinor Ostrom, and T.K. Ahn. 2000. “The Concept of Scale and the Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change.” Ecological Economics 32: 217-239.
- Ostrom, Elinor, and T.K. Ahn. (eds.) 2003. Foundations of Social Capital. London: Edward Elgar.
- 전인권, 안도경 역. 1995. 민주주의의 경제학 이론 (Anthony Downs. An Economic Theory of Democracy) 나남출판사.
- 윤홍근, 안도경 역. 2010. 공유의 비극을 넘어: 공유자원관리를 위한 제도의 진화 (Elinor Ostrom. 1990. Governing the Commons: Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action) 랜덤하우스코리아.
- Ahn, T.K., R. Huckfeldt, J.B. Ryan, and A. Mayer. 2010. “Politics, Expertise and Interdependence within Electorates.” In The Oxford Handbook of American Elections and Political Behavior. Ed. Jan E. Leighley. Oxford University Press, pp. 278-299.
- Elinor Ostrom and T.K. Ahn. 2009. “The Meaning of Social Capital and Its Link to Collective Action.” In Handbook of Social Capital: The Troika of Sociology, Political Science and Economics. Eds. Gert Tinggaard Svendsen. Edward Elgar.
- 안도경. 2009. 행정학의 체계: 공공선택론의 관점. ｢한국행정연구: 도전과 과제｣ (박종민, 정무권 편), 253-279
- Ahn, T.K., and Elinor Ostrom. 2008. “Social Capital and Collective Action.” In The Handbook of Social Capital, Eds. Dario Castiglione, Jan van Deth and Guglielmo Wolleb. Oxford University Press.
- Ahn, T.K., Marco A. Janssen, and Elinor Ostrom. 2004. “Signals, Symbols, and Human Cooperation.” In Origins and Nature of Sociality, ed. Robert W. Sussman and Audrey R. Chapman, 122-139. Chicago: Aldine de Gruyter.
- Ahn, T.K., E. Ostrom, D. Schmidt, and J. Walker. 2003. “Trust in Two Person Games: Game Structure and Linkage.” In Trust and Reciprocity: Interdisciplinary Lessons for Experimental Research, ed. Elinor Ostrom and James Walker, 323-351. New York: Russell Sage Foundation.
- Ahn, T.K., David Chavalarias, and Alina Lazar. 2003. “Endogenous Network Formation and the Evolution of Preferences,” In Proceedings of the Agent 2002 Conference on Social Agents: Ecology, Exchange, and Evolution, ed. Charles Macal and David Sallach, 83-94. Argonne, IL: Argonne National Laboratory.
Research in Progress
- Ahn, T.K.,J.K. Choi, and Y. Sohn. “Core-Periphery Segregation in Evolving PD Network.”
- J.K. Choi, and T.K. Ahn. “Reward and Punishment in a Public Good Provision Experiment.”
- Ahn, T.K. and John T. Scholz. “Quit-for-Tat and the Structure of Cooperation in Voluntary Dilemmas.”
- Francisco Campos-Ortiz, Louis Putterman, T.K. Ahn, Loukas Balafoutas, Mongoljin Batsaikhan and Matthias Sutter. "Security of Property as a Public Good: A 5-Country Multi-Institutional Decision-Making Experiment.”
- Ahn, T.K., Robert Huckfeldt, Alex Mayer, and John Ryan. “Expertise and Bias in Political Communication Networks.”