The American Political Science Association, founded in 1903, is the leading professional organization for the study of political science and serves more than 15,000 members in over 80 countries. With a range of programs and services for individuals, departments and institutions, APSA brings together political scientists from all fields of inquiry, regions, and occupational endeavors within and outside academe in order to expand awareness and understanding of politics.As the leading professional organization for the study of political science.
APSA focuses on the following core objectives:
- Promoting scholarly research and communication, domestically and internationally.
- Promoting high quality teaching and education about politics and government.
- Diversifying the profession and representing its diversity.
- Increasing academic and non-academic opportunities for members.
- Strengthening the professional environment for political science.
- Representing the professional interests of political scientists.
- Defending the legitimacy of scholarly research into politics and government.
- Recognizing outstanding work in the discipline.
- Encouraging the application of rigorous ethical and intellectual standards in the profession.
- Serving the public, including disseminating research and preparing citizens to be effective citizens and political participants.