Friday, December 5, 2014
GESIS Cologne is seeking to fill in a position with a Senior Researcher (PostDoc) with Experience in International Survey Data (f/m)
(salary group 14 TV-L, full time, initially for four years, to be filled as soon as possible)
The team International Survey Programs at the Data Archive for the Social Sciences processes and curates data from the Comparative Survey of Electoral Systems, the Eurobarometer, the European Values Study, and the International Social Survey Programme. It supports these projects in manifold aspects of their data management.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct research and publish in relation to the surveys named above, with a view to multilevel and longitudinal problems, and using/linking data across sources.
- Acquire third-party funding to support the goals of team and department.
- Manage internal and third-party funded projects.
- Contribute to the on-going tasks of the team, such as implementing processes for data management in comparative research projects, overseeing data processing work, advising secondary data users, developing guidelines for methodologically transparent data documentation processes, etc.
Applicants should have a publication record in relation to comparative survey data, using current statistical methods for analyzing multi-level and/or longitudinal research questions. Familiarity with the harmonization of comparative data and the application of international classifications will be relevant. Experience in at least one of the substantive fields of societal cohesion, collective identities, social inequality, or religion, is an advantage.
Further requirements are:
- Qualified doctoral/ph. d. degree in Sociology or another Social Science discipline.
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English; at least basic fluency in German.
- Demonstrated experience in developing grant applications.
- Ability to work in teams both as a contributor and as a manager.
GESIS guarantees that guidelines regarding employment laws for the disabled and handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will be observed. GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and is certified by the European work & family audit.
For further information concerning your job description please contact Markus Quandt, phone +49-221 47694400, or e-mail.
We only process online applications. Please apply here until Dec 5, 2014.