Sunday, April 30, 2017
The conference " Trends in inequality: social, economic and political issues" will be held in Bologna (Italy) from 2nd to 4th November 2017.
The aim of the conference is to bring the discussion on recent trends in inequalities in the spotlight of the debate among political circles and policy makers. Topics will provide wider scope to the conference, ranging from the concept of inequality to the potential policies. Specific attention will be devoted to consequences of the various forms of inequality observed worldwide, both economic and non-economic ones. The deadline for abstract submission is April 30, 2017.
Call for papers
The conference is open to scholars, researchers and students in Economics, Gender Studies, Political Sciences, Sociology and Statistics.
Contributions should belong to one of the following five topic areas:
- Topic A – Inequality: meaning, conceptualization and evidence-based drivers of inequality
- Topic B – Economic consequences of inequality: on growth, labor, migration and long-term development
- Topic C – Non-economic consequence of inequality: health inequalities, education inequalities, labor and work-place, political participation and social capital
- Topic D – Addressing inequality through economic policy: redistribution policies; fiscal policies and sector policies; gender-based and rights-based policies; social policies (education, health care, family and child care); urban development policies.
- Topic E – Addressing inequality with other policies: social mobility; intergenerational transfers; unequal exchange; territorial disequilibria; lagging development; minorities and discrimination.
Paper abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Committee. The selected contributions will be presented at the Conference and included in a post-conference publication.
Selected papers will be made available on-line for participants on the Conference web-page. Papers should be original work, not published earlier.
According to the quantity and the quality of received papers, it may be organized a poster session.
Updates will be published on this page by the end of June.
Please refer to the conference's official website for further details: http://www.cattaneoinequalities.org/