Sunday, January 15, 2017
The Laboratory for Comparative Social Research of the National Research University Higher School of Economics announces a call for the 7th LCSR International Workshop «Subjective Well-being and Growing Inequality across the Globe», which will be held within the XVIII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development. It will take place in Moscow from the 11th till 14th of April 2017. The submission deadline is January 15, 2017.
Workshop topics are:
- subjective well-being
- trust, social capital and corruption
- human values and cultural change
- gender attitudes and gender equality
- tolerance, nationalism and migration
Keynote speakers are:
- Ronald Inglehart (LCSR HSE, Russia; University of Michigan, USA)
- Christian Welzel (LCSR HSE, Russia; Leuphana University, Germany)
- Jaak Billet (University of Leuven, Belgium)
- Alejandro Moreno (Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology, Mexico)
- Eric Uslaner (University of Maryland, USA)
Participation at the workshop is possible via entering the LCSR research network. LCSR network aims at motivating young scholars to work on their own projects under the guidance of the LCSR experts (Ronald Inglehart, Eduard Ponarin, Christian Welzel and many others).
Working language is English. The submission deadline is January 15, 2017. The notification of acceptance will be sent by February 1, 2017.
Please submit to email@example.com the following documents:
- 2 pages Curriculum Vitae;
- 5 pages Project Description: title, abstract of 250 words, main goal, brief literature review, main hypotheses, data description, methodology and preliminary results (Template for Proposal)
- your application should meet the following requirements: (1) the paper should be empirical and comparative (more than 2-3 countries / country regions) using quantitative methods; (2) the topic of the paper should address one of the workshop’s topics or the topics of the LCSR.
The participation is free of charge. LCSR can provide accommodation at HSE Guest House and cover travel expenses only for LCSR associate members (for one or several best papers).